Sonus details future on Q4 earnings call
In an earings call on Friday, Sonus Networks shared some positive results for the year. Despite the down economy in 2009, Sonus announced that it was profitable on a non-GAAP basis and ended the year with over $414 million of cash and investments on their balance sheet.
Some highlights Sonus pointed out for 2009 were that they "won a multimillion dollar contract with a Fortune 50 customer that extends VoIP capabilities from within the enterprise to IP peering points at the carry edge", and they announced new customer relationships with service providers like Cox Communications, CITIC 1616, Hypercube and KDDI Global. They are also providing the IP voice network core for an American Tier 1 exchange carrier.
According to CEO Richard Nottenburg, the company will use 2010 to launch a new IP to IP platform and focus on four points:
- Create products that lead the industry in scale, performance and reliability for IP to IP session management targeted at service providers, enterprises, and channel distribution.
- Invest in creating solutions and ensure service continuity on broadband wireless networks and bring out solutions for Internet-based and carrier-hosted services to work in a fixed-mobile convergence environment.
- Use the platform to deliver solutions for policy based control of IP services and flows; empower service providers to create new services and controls; maximize returns on existing and new traffic investments.
- Continue to invest and extend the company's leadership in their other core products and service offerings.
- read the SeekingAlpha transcript of the call